Ameralloy Steel Corporation is a leading supplier of steel and alloy products available for numerous industrial applications. We have years of experience in various industries, allowing us to provide our customers with the best steel metals for their specific projects.
One of the metals we offer is tool and die steel products. With numerous options, our customers will easily find the right product to fulfill their requirements and specifications. Our team of professionals will also guide you if you need help finding the correct tool steel for your project.
What are Tool & Die Steels?
Tool & Die steels are high-carbon steels made with either carbon or alloy. They possess remarkable hardness, incredible wear resistance, and exceptional strength. These steels are commonly used in forming and machining metal materials.
Other benefits of tool & die steels:
- Impact toughness
- Heat treatable
- Shock resistant
- Touch crack resistant
- Wear resistant in a room and elevated temperatures
These advantages assure our customers that their projects will be completed with superior quality and reliable results. We are proud to provide our customers with top-of-the-line tool & die steels made from only the highest grade materials and produced according to precise standards.
Our Full Line of Tool & Die Steel Products
At Ameralloy Steel, we provide excellent products made with quality in mind. These undergo rigorous manufacturing methods for outcomes that are consistent and error-free.
Our precision tool and die products are as follows:
- Ameralloy® Oil: These fully deoxidized tool steel materials are manufactured under the strictest process. It’s a superior oil-hardening tool steel that’s abrasion-resistant and extremely tough. It’s ideal for general-purpose applications.
- Ameralloy Air AISI A-2: This tool steel doesn’t easily deform and is good for air hardening processes. It’s an ideal option for applications requiring toughness and high abrasion resistance.
- Ameralloy-60: This die steel warps only slightly when exposed to heat, especially during treatments, and is made for air-hardening and cold-work processes. It hardens to Rockwell C 60 in still air and has a temperature range of 1500°-1600°F for low hardening.
- Ameralloy D-2: This air-hardening steel is mainly used in large production-run applications. It has a high carbon and high chrome, which isn’t susceptible to chipping, so there’s no need for grinds to maintain the die.
- Amera-Graf™ AISI 0-6: This tool is composed of 1.45 carbon and must undergo the oil hardening process to become more durable. One-third of the carbon turns graphitic during its annealed condition.
- Ameralloy® Drill Rods: Drill rods are metal bar stocks polished to tight tolerances. They’re available in Ameralloy Oil, -60, Air, D-2, W1 and W2, High Speed-2, and -7 sheets of steel.
- Ameralloy® Precision Flat Ground: These are used when a precise threshold is required. It’s available in Oil, -60, Air, D-2, High Speed-2, -7, and Durelloy GFS.
- Ameralloy-5: These are primarily developed for pneumatic applications with a Rockwell C 60 hardness. Therefore, they’re also suitable for shock-resistant parts.
- Ameralloy®-7: This versatile tool die steel offers exceptional shock properties with a Charpy of over 200 ft. pounds in a temperature of approximately 400°F.
- Ameralloy-13: This steel made with chromium-molybdenum vanadium is ideal for applications where hot work steel is forced into a die to improve its properties and impact strength.
- Ameralloy-20: This chrome-moly tool steel is made for enclosed spaces between two halves of a mold. It’s generally used in casting and plastic molding using zinc. It’s tempered to Brinell 300.
- Amera-Mold™: This pre-hardened alloy steel is made for molding with a Rockwell C 28-32 hardness. The molded material is plastic.
- Ameralloy®-6: This oil-hardening steel belongs to the general class. It’s shock resistant with low carbon content.
- Ameralloy® -FH Flame Hardening: This tool steel was developed specifically for severe wear due to adhesion in sliding surfaces. It’s also made for environments where there’s a lack of heat treatment available.
- High Speed-2: This steel has higher carbon content. It’s primarily used for common high-speed uses.
- Ameralloy®-T: This steel is manufactured with a tungsten base. Its high-speed properties make it ideal for standard cutting operations.
- Durelloy-PM: This steel comes pre-machined with a fine grain. It has undergone a unique process to achieve stress-relieve properties. It doesn’t need heat treatment since it’s 80% machinable.
Choose Ameralloy Steel for Your Tool & Die Steel
If you’re looking for reliable tool and die steel products, Ameralloy Steel Corporation is the perfect option. We are a leading provider of high-grade tool steels that our customers rely on. Contact us today if you have any concerns or questions about our products. Request a quote, and we’ll provide a solution to enhance your project’s success.